From an early age I always felt the most happiest when I was being creative; this could mean that I might be drawing, sculpting, designing a new pattern, baking, crafting...
My passion has grown throughout the years and after completing a DipHE in Costume Design Interpretation at the Central School of Speech and Drama and a degree in Fine Art I have adapted my artistic process and progressed to face painting and baking alongside selling my paintings. I take inspiration from my surroundings, particularly the natural environment. Take a look at my website...
I have worked for lots of corporate firms, and painted at lots of parties and various events. The best thing about having my own company is having the freedom to be creative from face painting to building my own brand, and designing exciting faces for you. I feel delighted when I see my clients faces light up, when their vision of, for example, a glitter arrangement or my interpretation of a butterfly is realised and reflected back to them in the mirror.
I can adapt ideas freely and quickly at your request which will also impact positively at your event!
*I am a FACE Member - Please see Code of Practice
Code of Practice
I follow best practice of health and hygiene protocols for Face Painters whilst at work, including specific reference whilst working during the Covid - 19 pandemic. They are for reference in conjunction with the Covid-19 Risk Assessment available as a member of The Face Painting Association (FACE) member No. 574.
* Ensure you are not displaying any symptoms of Covid - 19 on the day of your event, or have been in touch with anyone displaying the same symptoms in the past 14 days also your client, before starting. Take the necessary steps if either parties are, as recommended in the current Government Guidelines.
* Following the current Government Guidelines, ensure you wash/sanitise your hands between each person painted, and your chair and kit are suitably cleaned.
* Ensure those that are being painted have washed/ sanitised their hands previously. You can provide these yourself if preferred.
Only use face paint products that comply with EU & FDA regulations, containing Anti - Microbials.
Check and read carefully the manufacturers recommendations on each product.
* Please practice the current Government Guidelines regarding the use of PPE. Visors, masks.
It is advisable to ask whether a child/adult has had their face painted before, in case of potential allergic reactions.
* Ensure to ask the adult/ parent or child if they have any symptoms of Covid - 19, they should not be painted if they do.
Children/adults with a cold sore, eczema, open cut, conjunctivitis and other infectious conditions should not be painted.
Ensure the person's face is clean before painting.
It is not recommended that children under the age of 3yrs are painted on the face, as per manufacturer's guidelines.
It is recommended that children aged 2 to 3 years have a small design hand or arm, and only if they are happy with this.
It is recommended that painters use a clean sponge per person. * If the sponge needs reloading with paint, use a fresh clean one.
*It is recommended that brushes are appropriately cleaned in between each person painted as per manufacturer's guidelines.
* It is recommended that paints are cleaned between each person painted as per manufacturer's guidelines.
Change face painting water frequently. * Use fresh water per person painted.
Maintaining a high standard of personal and Kit cleanliness is essential. * Wash your clothes immediately after the event. A full kit clean post event is necessary as soon as possible.
Only use cosmetic grade glitter.
Ensure all cleaning/disinfection products used are in line with your paints and brushes manufacturers guidelines.
It is recommended to advise clients to remove face paint with mild soap and water, and if staining occurs to use a gentle emollient to lift it off.
All FACE Members hold full Public Liability Insurance and are professional face painters of a high standard having passed a certification process to become a Member.